Who We are
The Hozhoni Artist Studio and Gallery is a non-profit visual arts program where artists with developmental disabilities create, exhibit, sell and collaborate with other artists in the local community of Flagstaff.
The artists come from diverse cultural backgrounds and are historically underrepresented in the mainstream commercial and Native American art world.
We recognize the importance of making this art available for viewing, collecting and researching. Because of the unique inner-personal perspectives that can be universally and collectively felt upon seeing it.
Hozhoni Foundation provides individualized residential, vocational, and educational services primarily for people with developmental disabilities. Our goal is to enhance quality of life, self-sufficiency, dignity and self-respect of the individuals we serve. We provide opportunities for education and interaction within the community to heighten awareness and understanding of people with disabilities.
- Being a strong, visible advocate for the rights and care of people who have developmental or related disabilities
- Creating opportunities that enhance clients self esteem and well being.
- Encouraging clients to make appropriate life choices.
- Sustaining fiscal viability.
- Employing experienced, well trained, caring, and dedicated professionals.
- Providing a healthy, rewarding work environment.
- Offering quality, creative, and innovative programs.
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for each client.
- Providing quality vocational training and skill enhancement opportunities.